Friday, May 17, 2013

Runway for Life

On Thursday, I was modelling for Runway for Life. It's a benefit for The American Cancer Society. They put on a fashion show with cancer survivors as the models, showing off fashion from local stores. I was selected to model a handbag.

They went all out with fashionable hair-do's and makeup:
 
 
We were two cancer survivors from my company that modeled for the event, and our company sponsored a corporate table. I was so fortunate to have Karsten and Natalie in the audience, cheering for me, along with some great friends and colleagues. One of them even recorded a little video of my "5 seconds of fame"..
 
 
 
I don't usually consider myself modeling material, but it was a really fun event, and I'm glad I could take part in it. Not only was it for a good cause, but it was a total blast to do hair and make-up and hang out with the other models behind the scenes. And I think it was a great way to show Natalie that sometimes it's okay to do things you are not so sure about - and to not take yourself too seriously...
 

No comments: