Sunday, May 19, 2013

3.1 done!

I took part in the Cellcom Green Bay 5K! I had set myself that goal back in December - I wanted to prove to myself that I could run all the way. And my good friend Jenna joined me in what was the first 5K (3.1 miles) race for both of us.
 
 
We made it! We both ran all the way! It felt pretty good to be able to do that. The last part of the route was thru Lambeau Field. It was really special to get to run there.
 
And my results: 38min, 09 sec. That's a pace of 12:17 minutes per mile. I know it's nothing fantastic, but I think it's pretty good for a first-timer!
 
Of course, Natalie wanted in on the fun, too! So she took part in the Kids Run, which was one kilometer (0.62 miles). She as a little scared, but she wanted to do it all by herself, and she did! Her route also went thru Lambeau Field, which was pretty cool. She was super fast. We watched her start at the start-line, and the walked over to the finish line. After what seemed like an impossibly short time, Karsten said "There she is!" At first I thought he must have been mistaken, there was no way she could have run it that fast. But he was right! I was so proud of her!
 
And she even got a medal!
 

 
 

2 comments:

Jenna said...

What an amazing experience, to be able to run a 5k and i owe a huge thank you to you Karen, my inspiration...you beat cancer and are a strong survivor to have done that and to have endured all that you did... i had in my head i wanted to cross that finish line with you when you talked of it back in December...and we did ! What's the next race ?! Let's keep going girlfriend :-)

Anonymous said...


Godt gået/løbet Karen.
Du er da ret sej.

Og Natalie er ligeledes sej.

Anni.