Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day, Cancer edition


I had my second round of chemo on Valentine's Day.

And it was really a great day.

There were two things that really made my day. One was these:
Beautiful earrings with red beads and hearts.
One of the other cancer patients - a relatively young girl that I didn't even know - came over to me while I was getting my treatment. She said that her friend had given her a box of these, and told her to make sure that everyone at the center got a pair. What a wonderful gift from a complete stranger. All the nurses wore them, too. So pretty.

The second thing that really made my day was that Karsten stopped by in his lunch break. It was a total surprise - and he even brought chocolates. How romantic is that! Gotta love that guy.

The second treatment went pretty well. We had some problems accessing the port again, but after two nurses worked on it a bit and made me turn my head and cough (yep, they actually said that), they got it working. The side effects this time have been similar to last time, but with less nausea and more fatigue. I must have slept close to 20 hours on day three and four, but I'll take that any time over the nausea. So, all in all not so bad. And tomorrow I'm back at work. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enig med dig Karen. Han er en dejlig fyr. Ved du elsker ham meget højt. Gør jeg også. Har altid været mig en god søn. Glad for at han er dig en god mand. Knus til Jer begge.