Thursday, February 9, 2012

Back to work - and back to the plastic surgeon

This week I'm back at work! It's been a great feeling to be back to "normal". I'll admit I'm a bit tired, but it's definitely worth it. The plan is to be out for a week when I get my treatments, then back to work for two before the next treatment.

On Tuesday, I had my blood count evaluated again. The numbers were up from last week, which is great news. Some of them (though not all of them) were even out of the "low" range and into the "normal" range.

On Wednesday, I was back at the plastic surgeon for a quick visit. I'm finally healing pretty well. I got another fill on both sides. The left side that sprung a leak is still somewhat "flat" compared to the other side. My plastic surgeon would have liked to replace the expander on that side. If the leaking expander is in there for a long time, it seems there could be some scar tissue around it to work with that could make the future expansion a bit more difficult.

The plastic surgeon called my oncologist to discuss. My oncologist does not think I should be going back to surgery while I'm on chemo. And in this case, he definitely has the final word. I was a bit disappointed, I wanted to move forward and get as much done as possible as soon as possible, but it obviously has to be safe. And a cosmetic issue comes way lower on the list than the cancer treatment itself. So it'll just have to wait.

My next treatment is on Tuesday. So, for now I'm going to enjoy the weekend. Should be a good one!

No comments: