Saturday, June 23, 2012

Next step

It's been a while since I blogged, so I thought I'd give a quick update. I've got lots of cute pictures to post, and I'm hoping to get to it soon. I'll be at home for a while anyway...

I'm going in for surgery on Monday. The plastic surgeon is putting the permanent implants in (and taking the expanders out), and he will be taking out my port that was used for chemo (Yay!). Then the gynecological surgeon will be removing my uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. Better get rid of all the spare parts I don't need anymore... That last part will be done laparoscopically using a robot, so it'll be minimally invasive. They'll only keep me in the hospital for one night.

I'm expected to be out from work for four weeks, so I'm hoping to have lots of time to post those cute pictures! Stay tuned...

No comments: