Friday, April 20, 2012

Chemo update

Well, I guess it's been a while since I posted something here. I'm about two holidays behind. Don't worry, we're still here. And I'll be posting lots of pictures in the next few days. For starters, here's a chemo-update:

I'm now on chemo round five. I had my treatment on Tuesday this week. The last three treatments are with a different drug than the first three. That means that lately, everything is like "opposite day".

- The old stuff would make me sleep for a couple of days. The new stuff doesn't make me as tired, but it makes my bones and joints ache.
- The old stuff made my hair disappear. With the new stuff, my hair is growing back, but I've lost most of my eyelashes, and my eyebrows are getting very thin.
- The old stuff made my eyes dry. This new stuff makes my eyes water.

And so on and so forth. Oh, well, only one more round to go after this one, so there's definitely light at the end of the tunnel. After the last round of chemo we'll have to wait at least four weeks before we can take care of the last surgery. For now, it sounds like I'll have surgery sometime in June.

And another great thing: The first stuff I got can affect the heart. I had a scan of my heart before we started and again recently, and everything looks great - no damage! That's great news.





No comments: