Sunday, October 3, 2010

The best day ever...

Things we didn’t do today:

- We didn’t go anywhere, even though we had sort of planned to go “somewhere fun”
- We didn’t go outside except for a few minutes after it was already dark
- We didn’t hurry with anything
- We didn’t spend much time cooking or cleaning

Things we did today:

- Had a jammie day.
- Watched Miss Spider for breakfast, Natalie sitting in my lap.
- Played “mailbox” – a game where toys were put in the mailbox which was the part between the ballpit and the slide
- Had "circle time", where Natalie read a lot of books to me
- Made a mess in the living room with toys all over the place
- Watched a good part of Frosty the Snowman
- Changed bedlinen while dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf
- Played hide and seek
- Played games on the computer (Freshbeat band, Max and Ruby, Go Diego Go, etc.)
- Danced
- Played baseball while watching the stars and the airplanes, and talking about planets

In other words, this was just a lazy Sunday, with nothing special at all to talk about. We just relaxed and enjoyed being home.

At nighttime, after I finished flossing Natalie’s teeth, she padded me on the arm. I asked her why she was doing that, and she said “I want to tell you something”. She reached up, put an arm around my neck, pulled me tight, and whispered in my ear ”I love you”. I gave her a big hug and whispered in her ear “I love you too”. She pulled me tight again and whispered “Even when you get mad at me, I still love you”. I confirmed the same back to her. Then, she pulled me in one more time, whispering “I will love you forever and ever, with all my heart, and all the way up to the sky”.

I’m pretty sure this counts as one of the best days ever.

No comments: