Friday, July 18, 2008

Mommy's shoulder

The other day, I finished my grocery shopping at Walmart and went to put the groceries in the car. Only then did I notice that I had been walking all thru Walmart with one of Natalie's blankies on my shoulder - most of the time without Natalie, as she was looking at other stuff with Karsten. And here I thought that all the people smiling at me had just been friendly... But it made me think of just how important a mommy's shoulder is:

A mommy's shoulder is strong enough to sit or even stand on.

A mommy's shoulder is warm when you are cold.

A mommy's shoulder is big enough to shield you from the wind.

A mommy's shoulder is soft enough to cry on.

A mommy's shoulder is the perfect place to rest your head when you are tired.

And I hope that Natalie will always have her Mommy's shoulder there when she needs it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where do you come up with this stuff?!? It is REALLY good!!!! You should be a writer (as well as run an at-home day care):-)